- Jerseys must be worn to all games. The First team listed in the game slot wears Black and the second team listed wears White.
- All players must wear slides/boots to gyms; players are required to change into their sneakers upon entrance into the gym.
- Games consist of two 20 minute halves. There is a 3 minute warm-up time and 1 minute half-time. Overtime is 2 minutes. The clock stops the last 30 seconds of each OT period.
- The clock stops the last 10 seconds of the 1st half and the last 2 minutes of the game on all dead ball whistles. The clock will stop the last 10 seconds of a game on a made basket.
- Mercy Rule: Game ends if one team is leading by 20 or more with 2 minutes left in the game, 0r 15 points or more in the final minute.
- Each team gets 2 timeouts per half. Timeouts do not carry into OT. Each team gets 1 additional timeout per OT period.
- 5 fouls disqualifies a player. In the event there are only 5 players at the game, a 2 shot technical will be awarded each time such player commits an additional foul.
- 2 technical fouls results in an automatic ejection. Such player must leave the building before the referees continue play.
- 1 and 1 will be shot on the 7th team foul; 2 shots on the 10th team foul.
- Referees and the other team are expected to give a 5 minute grace period if the opposing team knows that one of his teammates will be arriving.
- If a player gets injured while being fouled and cannot take the foul shots, the opposing team pick the shooter from the bench.
Each team will make the playoffs.
1) Sweet 16, quarterfinal, semifinal and championship
2) The winners of each division regardless of strength of schedule, will receive the #1 and # 2 seed. Teams 3 and below will be seeded based on a number of factors,not necessarily be seeded by record.
3) A player can only participate in the playoffs he is registered by the league deadline and plays in at least 3 games.
Men’s League Code of Conduct
I will abide by the 100% rule and always give 100% effort, 100% of the time.
I will be respectful of the court, the property and the surroundings
I understand that I am the one person who decides how good I can be and will work hard during the games to achieve my goals.
I will come to games prepared to play, in uniform, with basketball sneakers and fluids ready to re-hydrate. I will remove all jewelry per the league policy.
I will be positive and demonstrate good body language towards my teammates, coaches, referees, spectators, and the other team.
I will be a role model; I will lead through positive encouragement and appropriate language.
I will not use any inappropriate words or slurs either directed at teammates, opponents, referees, or myself.
I will understand that winning and losing is more than what the scoreboard says and will always carry myself with class.
I will not speak negatively about the performance of any of my teammates or opponents.
I will compete, while understanding that basketball is just a game and the lessons to be learned involving hard work, dedication, teamwork, commitment, and leadership will have lifelong benefits. No one game or one performance should undermine this.
Please be advised of the following additional rules
1) If a team forfeits a game they will need to pay all fees associated to make-up that game to be playoff eligible.
2) If a player is ejected from a game, he must sit-out the following game.
3) If a player accumulates a total of 2 flagrant fouls he will not be eligible to play for the reminder of the season.
4) If a player accumulates a total of 5 technical fouls he will not be eligible to play the remainder of the season.
5) All team payments must be completed before the start of the season.
The league reserves the right to remove a player from the league at any time for violating anything in the CMEK Code of Conduct.
Eligibility: players must have completed their Winter Season of Senior Year of High School Basketball to participate.